Xavi: I had a big offer from Barcelona but it wasn't the right moment

Xavi has explained why he turned down an offer from Barcelona in January.

The former Blaugrana midfielder was approached about replacing Ernesto Valverde at the Camp Nou but preferred to stay in Qatar with Al Sadd.

"In January, it wasn't the right moment," Xavi told Samuel Eto'o on Instagram.

"I had conversations with [Eric] Abidal and [Oscar] Grau and a big offer, but it wasn't the right moment.

"I need a bit more experience.

"Coaching Barcelona is my dream.

"I'd like to do it one day. I've said that many times."

Xavi, who played under Pep Guardiola at the Camp Nou, knows exactly how his Barcelona team would play if he was in charge.

"I like Barcelona, I like [Quique] Setien's idea," he said.

"I've always liked Guardiola's teams - teams that don't mess about, that attack.

"They are the teams I like watching most."

Post a Comment

0 Comments