Everton are reportedly ready to launch a January loan move for out of favour Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli.
Alli has made just one Premier League start since the opening day of the season and has fallen way down the pecking order under Jose Mourinho.
Spurs are top of the Premier League and Mourinho appears to have a preferred starting XI that Alli does not feature in.
He came off the bench for five minutes against Crystal Palace on Sunday but had not played in the top flight since October before that.
He has played just four times in the Europa League too and was left on the bench for last week's European win over Royal Antwerp.
Now Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti is keen to bring the former England international to Goodison Park when next month's transfer window opens.
According to The Mirror, the Italian wants to sign either Alli or his Tottenham team-mate Harry Winks.
Both players are worried about missing out on a place in Gareth Southgate's England squad for next summer's delayed European Championships if they do not get enough first-team football.
Ancelotti is said to be an 'admirer' of both players and believes they can offer something different to Everton's current midfielders.
Alli is said to be willing to leave Spurs next month.
But Everton will face intense competition from French giants Paris Saint-Germain who, as Sportsmail reported last week, are set to make another offer for Alli in January.
PSG had a number of attempts knocked back in the summer but now Mourinho is willing to sanction a move away.


0 Comments