Pavard: Bayern are the best club in the world, we'll win the UCL soon

Benjamin Pavard is happy with how life at Bayern München has unfolded for him so far.

Benjamin Pavard says he's surprised with how much he has played for Bayern München after his switch from VfB Stuttgart last summer.

Asked how he feels about the fact that only Manuel Neuer and Joshua Kimmich have played more minutes in a Bayern shirt than him this season, the defender told Bayern München's club magazine, 51:

"If someone had told me that in the summer, I'd have shaken my head in disbelief. But I'd prepared for this move to FC Bayern and I felt from day one I could fundamentally develop my play here.

"I'm still a long way from the end of my journey. I always aim to improve. It's not an empty phrase. No matter how a game ends, I ask myself after the final whistle: what did I do wrong? What can I do better next time? That is my incentive. I always analyse myself after every game."

Prior to his move to Bayern, Pavard won the World Cup with France in 2018. He then decided to spend another season at Stuttgart before making the switch to Allianz Arena.

"Everything went like a dream. I went to Bayern partly to stay relevant to the national team. For me it's the best club in the world, with the best players in the world. Bayern will win the Champions League again soon, I'm sure," he said.

The 24-year-old has made 35 appearances for Bayern this season with two goals and five assists to his name.

Post a Comment

0 Comments